Ok, ok! So I decided to join the trend and start a blog, but only because I feel like I might actually have something to blog about. No one wants to hear about a single couples life, so up till now I didn't feel like I had much to say. However, now that my precious little boy has made his entrance to this world I feel like I could talk for hours! So since everyone has been asking me for updates, here goes....
We checked into the hospital for my scheduled induction on Wednesday, August 13th @ 4pm and by Thursday morning August 14th @ 10:42 am my baby boy was in my arms. He was 7 lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long. I will spare you all of the gory, unpleasant details because it wasn't nearly as pretty as a scheduled c-section. I would have opted for one if my doctor would have let me. Pushing is NO joke, it is extremely hard work but TOTALLY worth the pain. I will say that next time around I won't wait till half way through to get the epidural! I think I probably would have gone home with my anesthesiologist if I could have. He quickly became my best friend!
Denny was a trooper through the whole thing. He didn't pass out, and he actually cut the cord. He did say that he got a little woozy after his adrenaline wore off a bit, but he didn't make a big deal of it and was very supportive through everything. I am truly blessed with a great husband and an even better father! Speaking of being a great husband, I recieved an awesome gift after the birth of our little boy. A beautiful Peridot (Alex's birthstone) journey necklace. I hear that Karissa was the one that suggested the birthstone instead of the diamonds, and I'm grateful. It's gorgeous! It's funny, a few of the women I told about it looked at me kind of wierd. I thought giving the mother a "push" present was normal but maybe not.
As you can tell, I'm over a month behind on this blog so I'll just post some of the first pics of Alex and move on to the next blog. Please forgive me though, I haven't really had much computer time. Denny has been working crazy hours (5 am to 7 or 8 pm) and that doesn't leave much free time for me when Alex isn't on a schedule. He's getting better though. I hear 7 or 8 weeks is the magic number. Only 3 more to go then...
Barely a few minutes old.

Denny holding him for the first time.
Looking much more confident holding him in this pic. I think he was afraid Alex would break.

Alex's first bath at home. He didn't like it too much!

One week old...
Two weeks old...
4 comments:
HE IS REALLY STINKING CUTE! I am sooo happy for you guys! Hang in there, it gets better and then a whole lot worse again! LOL!
Yeah! He has on the polo that his favorite Auntie Karissa got him :) He is so beautiful!
Gotta say though that there is NOTHING pretty about a c-section! Just ask Josh about the floor covered in bloody rags and them counting them out loud to make sure they didn't leave any inside of me! Not pretty! LOL!
Welcome to the blog world. Can't wait to see more pics of A-Rad!
I need to clarify, no birthing experience either c-section or vaginal is "pretty." I'm referring to being able to put make-up on before hand and have it still be on and looking quite nice at the end of the experience. That is what I'm jealous of. I looked like crap which is precisely why I didn't include a picture of me holding Alex. :-)
I'm sure you looked beautiful!! There are no pics of you and your MUCH prettier than Denny...even on a bad day :)
Post a Comment