Wednesday, September 17, 2008

One month old already???

I can't believe how fast time flies. It's already been over a month. Our little one was five weeks old this last Thursday morning. My mother always tells me she can hardly believe that I'm 27 because it feels like yesterday to her that I myself was just a baby. I never understood how 27 years could feel like that till now. One month feels like one second even with all the sleepless nights!
One Month Old

In this short amount of time Alex has had many, many firsts. His first outing to a public place (his crazy mother was paranoid and didn't want to take him anywhere with foreign germs till he was over three weeks old), his first car ride where mom wasn't sitting in the back with him to stick the pacifier back in his mouth when he spit it out (let me tell you that was a fun and VERY loud car ride due to the high-pitched screaming), his first trip to the emergency room, and his first visit to the softball park to watch Daddy play (or in Alex's case, stare at the lights all night.) Last night Alex even went to his first wedding ceremony!



I realize he is naked at a wedding ceremony, but it was at least 100 degrees and way too hot for him to be in his original outfit seen above.


During this short amount of time he has grown 2 inches (no people, not in head size just in length) gained around 3 lbs, and is holding his head up for approximately 8 seconds at a time. Yes, I've actually counted. When I took him to the doctor for a blocked tear duct I was told that if he continues at this pace he will be in the upper 90th percentile for height and weight. I was always right around the 98th percentile as a kid so who knows, maybe we'll have a basketball player on our hands. Lord knows the poor kid is going to be surrounded by sports for the rest of his life. He's already well versed on how much the Chiefs SUCK! Gotta love football season.





Denny and I are starting to finally get the hang of this parenting thing I think. So much so that I even started doing contract work for Automatik again. A little earlier than I had planned, but extra money always comes in handy when you're trying to buy a house with a new baby around. A side note about the new house, it is now past the frame stage and all the dry wall is up. The stucco is on and the roof should be on by now as well. We went out to check on the progress last Thursday and it looks much more like a house now. We were told that they are trying to get the house done earlier than originally planned, and have moved our closing date up from Nov. 1st to Oct. 21st. This is good news and bad news. Good news is of course that we'll be moving into our first home sooner than expected, bad news is I have to pack up this house sooner than expected. A new baby, working from home, and packing all at the same time doesn't sound like much fun to me. I wish I could hire someone to pack and unpack for me. I HATE it with a passion. Here are a few pics of the progress on the house.

. This was the way it looked when we first decided to buy.


This was how it looked not too long after Alex was born.


And here it was a few days ago!


So there is the latest update! Way to go me for not taking a month to do it. I knew eventually I'd get the hang of life with a baby. More to come soon!

1 comment:

Karissa said...

I LOVE him! He is NO KO OI!